Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Slow ahead

Things in my brain are taking a nautical turn, as I progress deeper into the sequel to Stuff of Legends and our heroes set sail. Currently reading and dissecting Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Terror, the ship-board sections of A Song of Ice and Fire and several Terry Pratchett novels, and Robert E. Howard's Queen of the Black Coast. Also re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but that one's mostly unrelated to what I'm writing. At the moment, I'm focusing on a pirate attack and looking for an opportunity for Eliott to learn to splice a snotter.

On the other side of things, response to Stuff of Legends continues to be encouraging -- many nice emails from readers, some phenomenal reviews, and some good feedback for me to keep in mind from a few more critical reviewers. I'm being added to at least two public library systems, and this morning, I had my picture taken to go with a review in the local newspaper (link to come when that's up). I'm arranging a book signing next month, and have approached the organizers of a fantasy convention in Vancouver about participating in one of their author events. All this is rather more of a challenge for me than the writing was, but still a great deal of fun.

The mental wind seems to be favouring a return to the pirate attack, so I'd best get back to it.

Cheers,
~Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment