Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where We Are Now

One month until Stuff of Legends hits the bookstores, and a new player has emerged: Rosanne, the publicist who will be working with me. I say emerged because she's been doing a great deal over the last couple of months that I've been entirely unaware of until now: getting galleys to her contacts, creating a list of reviewers who should see the book before the release, things of that nature. In the first week of July, the finished book and press material will be going out to the media -- I'm adding my local contacts to Rosanne's broader list right now.

(While I'm dropping names, I should mention the ongoing help Danielle, my wonderful editor, is still providing, and point out that the cover art for Stuff of Legends was provided by the very talented Brandon Dorman.)

One new bit of self-promotion, which you might notice here on the sidebar: I'm now on twitter as /IantheAuthor, running a series of Jordan the Red facts from today until release (July 27th, but currently available for pre-order). If the tweets attract an audience, I have some ideas for continuing to use the medium afterward.

I've been making headway with the sequel to Stuff of Legends: a few revisions to the outline, making the climax more dramatic and adding more significance to a couple of elements; put another thousand-word chunk together from somewhere in the middle of the thing, too. This is a fun stage, where sections of the jigsaw puzzle start to make miniature pictures of their own.

Two more early reviews:

"Stuff of Legends is a refreshing amusing fantasy" - Alternative Worlds

"If you enjoy fantasy humor, then you should give it a try" - Amazon Vine Reviewer

And for those of you keeping track, Countdown: 2.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Stuff of Legends (lucky me--I got a Vine copy). If you have a mailing list to announce when your next book is coming out, Please subscribe me to it. Actually, I want to pre-order everything you plan to publish for the rest of your career. If you'd like a fan girl following you around saying, "He's brilliant! Read his book. You'll love it!" look me up.

    There is only one word for this book: Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Ivy! You honestly made my day. I don't have a mailing list for the next book yet, but I'll be sure to let you know what's going on with it and anything else I write.

    Best,
    ~Ian

    ReplyDelete