Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Viking Oath: By Ography!

This late at night, that's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

I found my way onto Amazon.com's Author Central, a new resource utility for authors to promote themselves and their books. It provides a page where all your books are available in one easy location, space for a blog (or an RSS feed to your existing blog), events tracking, author photo, and of course, your biography.

I have trouble with biographies. Whenever I try to write one, it falls into one of three categories: unsatisfyingly short, excessively long, or sounds like it belongs on a dating website. When my editor asked for one to go in Stuff of Legends, I think I spent more time stressing about it than most of the editing suggestions. Still, that one is done and finalized -- short, as requested, and very plain. For Author Central, I'm going to try to be more creative. Wish me luck.

So, for those of you who've already worked out a good biography that you're happy with, my admiration. Any tips?

(Countdown: 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment