Monday, March 22, 2010

Running Tally

Words written for the sequel to Stuff of Legends today: 265.

Form letters folded and stuffed into envelopes: Somewhere in the vicinity of 350.

My other life is winning.

Don't get me wrong, they're both good lives; the one in which I sit in an office and sell tickets to people simply happens to be drawing on more of my time and energy lately than the one where I take up words against a world of wizards, pirates, and elves. Office-life is also not the one from which I blog (though if anyone wants to learn the minutia of thermal ticket stock ordering or building a complimentary childcare matinee, let me know) -- hence the lack of posts here lately. One day, it'll be really nice to catch myself wondering how I could fit in a couple hours of office work between chapters...

But yes, the writing carries on, in stolen moments. The writing about writing catches what grains of time slip through that thief's hands.

2 comments:

  1. Ian, I hear you about the day job taking over. I take my hour every night no matter what, but you are younger than I am and possibly have a social life that needs nurturing, where I have a family life that needs escaping. (maybe try first thing in the morning instead?)

    Hope you can get back to the writing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the sympathy :) Mornings are in fact one of my favourite times to get some writing in, if I can manage a good night's sleep prior (infrequent).

    ReplyDelete